Impact Tech Proven to Protect
- Protects against high speed pitches, thrown bats, colliding bodies
- More confidence means you’ll trap balls better
- Patented technology clinically tested by Tufts Medical Center
- So protective, reduces risk of sudden death from commotio cordis
- Peer-reviewed, published study proves protection (see Technology Tab)
- Absorbs, disperses, dissipates impact energy like no other
- Check out this spotlight to see how good this gear is!
Best Suited For: Baseball
- Lightweight, Comfortable
- Adjustable straps allow for custom fit
- Heart is protected by a patented, military grade, 4-layer composite
- Ventilated for cooler comfort
- Place shoulder pad on either shoulder
The Risk in Contact Sports
Commotio Cordis (CC) is sudden death caused by a random, non-penetrating blow to the chest by a ball, bat, stick or hand. CC is the # 2 killer in sports with 40+ million boys and girls ages 6 to 18 who play contact sports at risk.
The Tech that Protects Against CC hazard
Unequal spent five years and millions of dollars pioneering and patenting the HART CC pad, a 4-layer, advanced composite that is specifically formed and placed inside each Unequal Chest Protector. ImpacShield®, TriDur®, Accelleron® and Airilon® together protect at a level the Tufts Medical Center, a leader in CC research, had never seen in such a thin and lightweight profile. After extensive evaluation, and following on the landmark study from Tufts (see below), the FDA determined that Unequal HART will improve safety on the sports field.
The Tufts Medical Center Study
Tufts’ ground-breaking, peer-reviewed, published study in the Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, March, 2016, “Development of a Chest Wall Protector Effective in Preventing Sudden Cardiac Death by Chest Wall Impact (Commotio Cordis),” concluded, “It is reasonable to expect that chest protector designs incorporating these novel materials will be effective in the prevention of Commotio Cordis on the playing field.”
Hart Catcher Sizing
Measure from throat to waist to determine
13" Youth or 15" Intermediate.
“With balls flying at 90 mph and slashing sticks part of the territory, the sport of lacrosse certainly has risk. But Unequal has produced great looking chest protectors for all sports that perform at a level I haven’t seen before. The HART Goalie chest protector, for instance, allows for complete range of motion, is really thin and lightweight yet offers unbeatable protection. I recommend Unequal to any athlete serious about playing at peak with less risk.”
BRIAN “DOC” DOUGHERTYHALL OF FAME GOALIE